ESI would like to launch the Business English Courses for one of the following levels:
A: Accelerators into Business English (level A1.2 – A2.1)
B: Beyond Basics in Business English (level A2.2 – B1.1)
C: Competency in Business English (level B1.2 – B2.1)
These courses are suitable for students at every stage of English ability. Please sign up for our Intake Days at email@example.com and we can decide your level together with help of tests and face-to-face conversation. Then we can place you in the best course for your level. There are a maximum of 10 places per course – so sign up as soon as you can to ensure your place.
Course :Business English: Beyond basics
Price: EUR 219 per person
Schedule: Start date 15 May 2018 ,Tuesday mornings 9:30 – 11:30 am
(8 weeks duration)
Location: TU/e Campus
About the courses:
All the ESI Business English courses offer a mix of Business and General English as well as conversation practice. In the group training, we focus on all areas of communication and language skills for business, professional or social purposes: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Who is this for?
Anyone wanting to communicate successfully or improve their language skills for general business situations; including marketing, sales, management, finance, meetings etc.
On these courses, participants will have the opportunity:
• to communicate with others in practical, business-oriented situations
• to express themselves in English with greater fluency, accuracy and confidence
• to handle themselves in a variety of business and social contexts
The content will be supported by systematic work on core grammatical structures, vocabulary patterns and pronunciation. Actual content depends on pre-course Needs Analysis (intake), and is subject to on-going change as the course evolves.
Some sample topics include:
• Course outline and approach
• Describing your role and responsibilities
• Introducing yourself
• Chairing, setting the agenda, controlling the conversation
• Participating, turn-taking, listening and taking notes
• Being diplomatic, agreeing and disagreeing
• Emails – register, style, standard phrasing
• Notes and memos
• Business-specific language phrases
• Checking & clarifying information
• Spelling and pronunciation
• Listening to different accents, intonation
• Introducing a topic effectively
• Linking and sequencing ideas
• Responding to questions
Don’t hesitate to send us an email at info@expatspousesinitiativ
Please note that this Program can only start once we the minimum number of participants is reached which is 8 pax per program.