Exploring the Dutch Culture In Business & Beyond – Expert Session
This Expert Session is for everyone who wants to know more about Dutch Culture and strengthen your cultural awareness.
Once you have successfully moved to the Netherlands, the next step is to adapt to Dutch culture and understand cultural nuances, to ease your personal and professional integration.
You’re not afraid to give your opinion, nor offended when small children tell you off, and you like to keep work and private life entirely separate. Is it already stereotyping or generalizing, every culture has different ways of doing things. And some idiosyncrasies deserve embracing for the smooth transition into Dutch culture & business.
- Strengthen your insights in your own cultural values.
- Compare these values with ‘the’ Dutch ones.
- Learn about some specific Dutch Do’s and Don’ts.
- What is essential for a successful professional & personal cultural integration in this country?
- Ask your questions about the Dutch culture.
If you want to find answers to all these questions and more, please join us for this interactive workshop.
About the Expert
Willem Van Hoorn, leads as Policy Advisor Internationalization, at Eindhoven University of Technology. He initiates all kinds of activities focusing on the embedding of the international TU/e staff members(more than 1100), making them feel at home, both at the university and in the city.
Labour law during Covid-19 situation – Expert Session
This Expert Session is for Jobseekers, Entrepreneurs, Professionals, and Anyone who wants to know about Labour Laws specifically during COVID-19 situation.
The COVID-19 virus has inevitably affected labour law for both sides of the table, employer, and employee.
As an Expat in the Netherlands, the Dutch labour situation can be challenging because of the cultural differences, and you might have a variety of questions and uncertainties. During the current Covid-19 crisis, a good understanding of your rights and obligations is vital.
- What can an employer expect from me?
- Labour laws during COVID-19 for freelancers
- Can an employer have a unilateral demand to take my holidays?
- Can employers apply for the statutory reduction of working hours?
- Am I obligated to agree with a temporary reduction in my salary?
- Can an employer forbid his employees to travel abroad privately (to risk areas)?
During the session, all the above and more questions will be answered along with other beneficial details.
About the Expert
How to use LinkedIn in your job search
Leveraging LinkedIn – Navigating job search and Attracting Recruiters.
Did you know? 9 out of 10 employers use LinkedIn during the hiring process. LinkedIn is a perfect platform to catch the attention of recruiters.
This workshop offers great insights on how to use LinkedIn in your job search.
LinkedIn is a powerful tool to help you get noticed as a potential employee. Creating a LinkedIn profile is only the first step and just a small part of the overall picture. If you build and forget about it, the chances are less for a productive outcome. The key to success is attractively presenting yourself to highlight your relevant skills, experience, education, and positive attributes. Then, by actively engaging on the site, you will get noticed by people who can help you with your career.
During the workshop, You will learn:
- How to build a strong professional-looking LinkedIn profile
- How to attract the attention of recruiters or your network
- How to enhance your chances in your job search
Obviously, there will also be time to discuss your questions/concerns on LinkedIn profile.
About the Expert
Anne-Pauline Wessels, Corporate Recruiter, Heliox.
In a remarkable career spanning over two decades, in the field of talent acquisition, talent recruitment & process improvement, Anne-Pauline, has led various companies through talent recruitment, process transformation, and Customer Experience management.
How to be Confident and Successful in Negotiations
Successful Negotiation – it’s often easier said than done. Here is how to build a confident approach and be the best advocate for yourself next time when you’re in the middle of critical discussion. Strengthen your personal power of influence.
This workshop offers an unusual angle about how to succeed in challenging negotiations. There are three very little known ‘traps’ that most people face in especially critical exchanges, like job interviews or career discussions. Discover what these traps are; and learn the THREE secrets that will revolutionize the way you go about discussing career, business, or anything that interests you, becoming a stronger influencer within your own unique, powerful style.
During the workshop, You will:
- Discover practical skills to strengthen your power of influence by THREE fundamental steps for a successful discussion
- Recognize different phases of negotiation or challenging discussion
- Learn how to apply and confidently manage your career, business, and personal discussions
- Find out how to improve your positive influencing skills for better results in job interviews or career discussions
Workshop will benefit, if You are:
- JOBSEEKER, who wish to work on their power of influence and negotiation skills for better results during the job interview or career discussions
- BUSINESS, sales, pitches, and negotiation go side-by-side. Join us if you want to enhance your negotiation skills, and learn how to strengthen your power of influence as an entrepreneur
- PROFESSIONAL, who want to excel in challenging discussions as a champion
- Anyone and Everyone who wants to skill up their persuasion and negotiations skills is welcome
About the Expert
LAURA LOZZA is an accomplished international business executive, strategist, serial expatriate, entrepreneur, and leadership consultant. After pioneering expat assignments for women in the 80’s and successfully climbing the hierarchical ladder at P&G and Norsk Hydro for 25 years as a senior executive, she founded her own consulting firm, Grooa, in 2011. Since then, she has personally coached over 500 European leaders, helping them succeed in their careers.
About Grooa is a European Management Consulting Partnership headquartered in Norway with a Learning Hub in the Netherlands (the Grooa Inspiria Learning Center).
How to get a YES in a Virtual Interview
With the number of companies adopting to stay safe and work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, Video Job Interview is taking over in-person interviews. Here’s How to Prepare for your upcoming virtual interview.
This Workshop helps you on how to navigate the virtual interview process and improve your job opportunity during this period of uncertainty. With an abrupt shift to remote work-life, the recruitment and hiring managers have switched to video & telephonic interviews for health and safety reasons. Prepare yourself for this new industry trend with the experts.
Do you have a video interview coming up? This is a very crucial moment in your life. The more important the interview, the more stressful it might be. Video interviews require just as much preparation as face-to-face or telephone interviews.
You can be in total control if you know the DO and DON’T of a (virtual) interview. If you know how the interviewer makes his/her decision, you know how you should present yourself during the (virtual) interview in a way that maximizes your chances and keeps you interesting above all other candidates. Are you looking to brush up on your (virtual) interview skills? Receive expert advice on How to get a YES in a Virtual Interview. Video interviews are an opportunity, not a challenge to make a great impression.
© 2019 EXPAT SPOUSES INITIATIVE — ALL RIGHTS RESERVED